Friday 9 September 2011

Sweetcorns




Thought I'd try and grow sweetcorns again this year after being put off by a crop a few years ago being almost totally eaten by mice or deer or probably both. I think next year I will grow them in a cage to stop them from being eaten. This year I've managed to harvest the kernels early just as a few of them were starting to get eaten, but I'm not sure if any of them are fully ripe yet, will have to wait until I eat them to find out although the 2 we had for dinner the other night were very nice indeed.
Sweetcorns are one of the Veg that are really rewarding to grow as they taste so good compared to shop bought corns if you pick and eat them within just a few hours.

1 comment:

  1. Homegrown sweetcorn is so good. Mine is all done for the year.

    ReplyDelete